LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - The fair runs from Sept. 21 to Sept. 29. Hours are 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8 a.m. to midnight. On Monday through Friday during the fair week, the parking and entrance fees are waived from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. for those who want to go and enjoy the food and atmosphere.
The Panhandle-South Plains Fairgrounds are located at 105 East Broadway in Lubbock, Texas. Parking is available in several lots near the Fairgrounds. From I-27 North or South, take Exit 4 East. The Fairgrounds are located on the northeast corner of Broadway and Avenue A.
The carnival is open 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 3 p.m. to midnight on Fridays, 11 a.m. to midnight on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday.
The Children’s Petting Barnyard is open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Exhibit buildings are open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Coliseum shows start at 7:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday.
- Monday, Sept. 24 is Rodney Atkins.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25 is Tony! Toni! Tone!.
- Wednesday, Sept. 26 is Hinder.
- Thursday, Sept. 27, is Little Joe Y La Familia With Opening Act Adagio.
- Friday, Sept. 28, is Gary Puckett & The Union Gap.
All concerts are free after paying gate admission and parking fees, but you must have a concert ticket to enter the show.
- Adults, 13 and over are $10
- Youth, ages 2 – 12 are $5
- Kids, ages 1 and under are Free
- Parking is $5 per car
And there is no readmission: “Gate personnel will allow no person to enter the gate without surrendering a ticket.”
Here’s a list of special days this year:
- Thursday, September 20th from 6pm-11pm: Buck-A-Ride Night All rides $1 a piece. A sheet of 10 Tickets for $10 will be sold ($10 minimum purchase)
- Sunday, September 23rd: Family Day: Kids 17 and under admitted free before 9pm
- Tuesday, September 25th: Senior Citizen’s Day: Persons 60 years of age or older get in the gate for $5.
- $2 Tuesday: Sheets of 10 Tickets for $10 will be sold and each ride is $2 a piece ($10 minimum purchase)
- Thursday, September 27th: Wristband Night: Buy 1 wristband for $40 and ride all day from 3pm-11pm
The South Plains Fair is a Lubbock tradition going back all the way to 1914.
Get more details at their official site: https://www.southplainsfair.com/