UPDATE: Woman killed in Friday night accidental fire identified

1 dead after Friday night house fire

UPDATE: Lubbock Fire Rescue has identified the woman killed Friday night as 74-year-old Belva Hughes Waller.

ORIGINAL STORY:

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A woman has been declared dead after a Friday night house fire in the 300 block of 79th Street.

Fire officials say the fire has been ruled accidental, caused by a malfunction with a space heater.

The woman was taken to the hospital Friday night, but the fire was contained to the front of the house and extinguished before it could spread.

A neighbor called first responders. This case is now considered closed.

Copyright 2019 KCBD. All rights reserved.