There are three restaurants on the menu this week; one finds itself in a rough patch, and we shine the light on two popular night spots that know the 101 on keeping clean.
Our first stop shines as a repeat top performer.
"We work hard to keep this place clean and to keep the drinks and food up to par," bartender Daycon Smallwood said.
• The Gas Light at 5212 57th is known to serve up delicious drinks, but Daycon says that's not all they have to offer, "A lot of people think we just have hor d'oeuvres, but we have a full menu and offer steak, fajitas, nachos and much more."
Next we head to another night spot with a flawless health inspection.
• 101 Bar and Grill at 101st and Slide offers daily specials - always served with a side of perfection.
And finally, we head to this week's only low performer.
Health inspectors cited:
• Cotton Patch Café at 6810 Slide Road with six critical violations.
* Cold foods, including raw chicken, were not 41 degrees or below.
* An employee did not wash their hands before putting on gloves.
* A hand sink was being used for other purposes.
* Another hand sink did not have paper towels.
* Two cans were sharply dented. This can allow bacteria to grow inside the can and potentially lead to botulism.
* Several kitchen utensils were dirty or broken.
Management tells us that all violations have been corrected. According to the report most violations were corrected during the inspection.
Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.