LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A 3-alarm fire broke out around 10:30 p.m. Sunday night at the Stratford Place apartments at 4th and Vicksburg.
Authorities evacuated more than 50 people as crews battled the flames.
Firefighters say the fire was contained in a pipe space between the walls. There were no reports of injuries.
60 firefighters, six engines, and three ladder trucks responded to the blaze.
The Lubbock Fire Marshals office says the fire started after a new tenant plugged a clothes dryer into the wrong type of outlet.
|KcbdToGo.com For Your Cell Phone|