Cause determined in Lubbock apartment fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

4/27/09

Cause determined in Lubbock apartment fire

Posted:

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A clothes dryer improperly hooked up is to blame for a three alarm fire at a Lubbock apartment complex Sunday night.

Fire investigators say the blaze at the Stratford Place Apartments at 4th and Vicksburg sparked when a dryer cord was plugged into the wrong outlet.

The fire started around 10:30 p.m. Sunday night and was contained in a pipe space between the walls. Sixty firefighters, six engines and three ladder trucks responded to that fire. They cleared the scene at 3 a.m. Monday morning, but not before dozens had to be evacuated.

Red Cross is currently assisting nearly two dozen people displaced by the fire.

4/27/09
50 people displaced after Lubbock 3-alarm fire
At least 50 people are staying elsewhere Monday morning after a 3-alarm fire in northwest Lubbock.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.