By Karin Slyker | email
PLAINVIEW, TX (KCBD) - Investigators now know the source of a deadly fire last week in Plainview.
The body of J.W. West, 76, was discovered following a fire inside his home in the 1200 block of West 11th Street in Plainview.
Investigators say the fire began when a lit cigarette fell on his mattress. West was found in his bed with severe burns. However, investigators are awaiting an autopsy report to determine exactly how he died.
©2009 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Wildfire Prevention Tips