Mother of homicide victim in recent shootings speaks out - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

5/28/09

Mother of homicide victim in recent shootings speaks out

By Katie Bauer  - bio | email

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Dorothy Wilbon doesn't think enough is being done in her son's murder investigation. She says all she wants is justice.

The dirt from 23-year-old Daniel Wilbon's grave is as fresh as the pain and anger in his mother's eyes. "That's my child and that's my baby boy. They took a part of me," said Wilbon.  

Wilbon was shot to death in his home on East Rice Street earlier this month. His death was the second of three homicides in less than a week. "I think they were just a string a robberies, they were just robbing drug houses," said Wilbon.

Police believe Tyrone Robinson pulled the trigger in all three shootings, but he died Sunday after hanging himself in his jail cell. "He took a coward's way out and I just really don't have any thoughts on Tyrone," said Wilbon.

Wilbon says she knew Robinson, as well as the first shooting victims Angela Holt and Trent Johnson, and the latest homicide victim Aldo Cervantes. "He came to my house 6 hours prior to that happening he came in, he had just found out about Daniel and he came straight to my door to tell me about Daniel and how sorry he was and then 6 or 7 hours later he was dead," said Wilbon.

Wilbon says her son was involved with drugs over the years. "Drugs out here today are quick money, easy money, and that's what he did," said Wilbon.

Police also think 20-year-old Bradley Davis is connected to all three shootings. He is in jail and charged with aggravated robbery in one of the homicides.

Wilbon says she doesn't believe those charges are enough. "I think he should be charged with everything, the same thing they were going to charge Tyrone, why just got him up there for that aggravated robbery I think that is so wrong," said Wilbon.

Lubbock Police Lt. Neal Barron says this case is still an active investigation and it's possible for Davis' charges to be upgraded. "It just depends on where the investigation leads and what the evidence tells us as well as different witness statements or statements we get from other people of what his involvement is," said Barron.

Wilbon says for some closure all she wants are Daniel's belongings taken during the robbery. "I would like to get his stuff back, his property back they took everything from him," said Wilbon.  

Again police are still investigating many leads into these homicides and continue to ask for your help. If you have any information contact Crime Line at (806) 741-1000.

©2009 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Suspect due in court Monday after 9 die in sweltering truck

    Suspect due in court Monday after 9 die in sweltering truck

    Monday, July 24 2017 1:11 AM EDT2017-07-24 05:11:22 GMT
    Monday, July 24 2017 8:56 AM EDT2017-07-24 12:56:10 GMT

    Officials say nearly 20 other people rescued from the back of the rig early Sunday were hospitalized in dire condition, many with extreme dehydration and heatstroke.

    Officials say nearly 20 other people rescued from the back of the rig early Sunday were hospitalized in dire condition, many with extreme dehydration and heatstroke.

  • Girl's HIV infection seems under control without AIDS drugs

    Girl's HIV infection seems under control without AIDS drugs

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:15 AM EDT2017-07-24 08:15:34 GMT
    Monday, July 24 2017 8:49 AM EDT2017-07-24 12:49:28 GMT

    A South African girl born with the AIDS virus has kept her infection suppressed for 8 1/2 years after stopping anti-HIV medicines.

    A South African girl born with the AIDS virus has kept her infection suppressed for 8 1/2 years after stopping anti-HIV medicines.

  • Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

    Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

    Saturday, July 22 2017 4:20 PM EDT2017-07-22 20:20:31 GMT
    Monday, July 24 2017 8:48 AM EDT2017-07-24 12:48:04 GMT

    One of Anthony Scaramucci's first acts after accepting President Donald Trump's offer to be the new White House communications director was to apologize to Trump.

    One of Anthony Scaramucci's first acts after accepting President Donald Trump's offer to be the new White House communications director was to apologize to Trump.

Powered by Frankly