LUBBOCK, TX -- Texas Tech head women's tennis coach, Todd Petty, has announced another signee for Texas Tech's incoming recruiting class for the 2009-2010 season.
Sandra Dynka of Ontario, Canada has signed a national letter of intent to play for the Lady Raiders. She will be a member of the incoming Texas Tech freshman class in the fall.
Sandra is a recent graduate of St. Mary's High School in Kitchener, Ontario. Last season, she was the Under-18 Singles Outdoor Provincial Champion and was ranked #2 in the Under-18 Singles for Ontario. Tom, her younger brother, competes in the junior tennis program in Ontario.
"We're excited with the international experience and the high level of successful competition Sandra brings to our program," Petty stated. "We really believe we're adding a difference maker to our program."
Sandra joins Caroline Starck of Williams Bay, Wisconsin and Maria Aviles of Ecuador as the newest members to the women's tennis program for 2009-2010.
- 2008 U18 Outdoor Provincial Champion-Singles
- 2008 U18 Burlington ITF (Grade 4) Semifinalist-Doubles
- 2008 Outdoor Canadian National Chamionships participant
- 2008 U18 Burlington ITF (Grade 5) Quarterfinalist-Singles
- 2008 Indoor Canadian National Championships participant
- 2007 U18 Burlington ITF (Grade 5) Semifinalist-Singles
- 2007 U18 Indoor Provincial Championships- 8th place- Singles
- 2007 Indoor Canadian National Championships participant
- 2006 U18 Outdoor Provincial Championships- 6th place- Singles
- 2006 U16 Outdoor Canadian Nationals Championships participant
- 2008 #2 U18 Singles - Ontario (Highest)
- 2008 #3 U18 Singles - Ontario (Current)
- 2008 #17 U18 Doubles - Ontario (Current)
- 2007 #4 U18 Singles - Ontario (Highest)
- 2006 #8 U16 Singles - Ontario (Highest)
- 2006 #12 U18 Singles - Ontario (Highest)