By James Clark | email
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - An elderly couple did get out of their home safely over the weekend as it caught fire, according to the Lubbock fire department. Firefighters responded to the 500 block of 44th Street for a fire in the attic.
The fire marshal's office believes it was an electrical fire. Officials also say the elderly man who lives there got up on the roof with a hose to fight the fire until the fire trucks arrived. The home sustained estimated $20,000 damage and there were no reports of injuries.
©2009 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Crime Prevention Tips for You and Your Home