LUBBOCK (KCBD) - The Lubbock County courthouse was evacuated for a second time this week. The evacuation began just before noon Thursday due to a gas leak and lasted for an hour. Construction crews hit a gas line while working but no one was injured.
"They seem to have cracked the mainline," says Lubbock fire chief Rhea Cooper. "However it's only low pressure natural gas." The gas line is being repaired.
This is the second evacuation this week. Tuesday courthouse maintenance was testing a sensor on a water line and accidentally triggered the fire alarm, causing an evacuation.
©2009 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|get more- |
Calculate how much you can drink before you are considered legally drunk with our Blood Alcohol Content Calculator.