Fire officials are still investigating a gas pump fire in Plainview last week, but static electricity may be to blame. It happened Friday afternoon at the Allsup's Convenience Store at 8th St. and Columbia.
Fire crews responded to the scene in just three minutes, and got the fire under control within seconds. No one was injured.
Experts say when you fill up your tank remember to touch something metal, like the side of your car before reaching for the pump. That will prevent any static sparks from igniting the gasoline.