Lubbock Chamber answers FAQ's about what you're voting on - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock


Lubbock Chamber answers FAQ's about what you're voting on

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - The Lubbock City Council has issued a facts page about the City of Lubbock Bond election and on the ballot for the Constitutional amendment items.

Ballots for Lubbock voters include the four City of Lubbock Bond Items.

Meanwhile, the ballot for voters across Texas includes Proposition 4, an amendment to allow for the creation of more Tier One universities in Texas from among 7 "Emerging Research Universities," including Texas Tech.

If you would like more information about Proposition 4, click here.

The Lubbock Chamber of Commerce also has endorsed all eleven state constitutional amendment items on the ballot.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Do I have to register before every election?

A: No. Once you register to vote, you shouldn't have to register again, so long as you don't move out of the county where you were first registered.

Q: How do I find out if I am registered to vote or if I am on the voter rolls in the county where I reside?

A: To inquire about the status of your voter registration, click here: "Am I Registered to Vote?"

Q: I can't find my voter certificate/card. Will I be able to vote without it?

A: If you are a registered voter and you have lost or misplaced your voter certificate, you may vote without your certificate by providing some form of identification (see list below) and signing an affidavit at the polls. This is the procedure to follow if your voter registration is still current and your name appears on the voter rolls in your county of residence. You may also contact your county voter registrar to obtain a replacement certificate.

Acceptable documents are:

  • A driver's license or personal identification card issued to you by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to you by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;
  • A form of identification containing your photograph that establishes your identity;
  • A birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes your identity;
  • United States citizenship papers issued to you;
  • A United States passport issued to you;
  • Official mail addressed to you, by name, from a governmental entity;
  • A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address; or
  • Any other form of identification prescribed by the secretary of state.

Q: Can anybody vote early in person, or only those people who are going to be out of town on election day? What are the dates for voting early in person?

A: Any registered voter may vote early by personal appearance (in person). Early voting by personal appearance for the November 3, 2009 Election begins on October 19, 2009, and ends on October 30, 2009.

Q: Where do I go to vote early?

A: If you reside in Lubbock County, click here to find a list of Early Voting Locations, Dates and Times.  If you live outside Lubbock County, you will need to contact your County Clerk or Elections Administrator. For addresses and phone numbers of County Clerks Elections Administrators click here
©2009 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly