LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - We're learning more about Friday's deadly house fire in Shallowater. Saturday, authorities identified the victim as Peggy Parker, 76. Flames broke out around 3:00 p.m. Friday.
Teams from Shallowater and West Carlisle battled the blaze for nearly an hour. Investigators determined the fire started in the southeast bedroom where crews discovered the victim. They determined the fire as accidental, caused by unsafe smoking habits.
©2009 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.