Prosecutors decide not to seek death penalty in Nava case - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/10/09

Prosecutors decide not to seek death penalty in Nava case

Source: Lubbock Sheriffs Office Source: Lubbock Sheriffs Office

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Federal prosecutors will no longer seek the death penalty against a Lubbock man. Tuesday afternoon, federal prosecutors dropped the death penalty against Jose Nava.

Official statements indicate Nava was the Texas leader of the Latin Kings gang. And it's the Latin Kings that are accused of using an AK47 in a driveby shooting that killed three people last year in Big Spring. An FBI dive team found parts of an AK47 east of Crosbyton.

If convicted, Nava still faces a possible life in prison.

©2009 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Feds rush aid to Puerto Rico, while Trump tweets about debt

    Feds rush aid to Puerto Rico, while Trump tweets about debt

    Monday, September 25 2017 6:18 PM EDT2017-09-25 22:18:03 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 11:48 PM EDT2017-09-26 03:48:56 GMT

    Federal agencies ramp up their response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico as the Trump administration seeks to blunt criticism its response to Hurricane Maria has been less than for other recent storms.

    Federal agencies ramp up their response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico as the Trump administration seeks to blunt criticism its response to Hurricane Maria has been less than for other recent storms.

  • Trump's new travel ban: Third time the charm?

    Trump's new travel ban: Third time the charm?

    Monday, September 25 2017 2:17 AM EDT2017-09-25 06:17:36 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 11:48 PM EDT2017-09-26 03:48:08 GMT

    Trump imposes new travel restrictions on more than half-a-dozen counties as travel ban expires.

    Trump imposes new travel restrictions on more than half-a-dozen counties as travel ban expires.

  • Police: Tennessee church shooting suspect sent suicidal text

    Police: Tennessee church shooting suspect sent suicidal text

    Monday, September 25 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-25 07:27:49 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 11:43 PM EDT2017-09-26 03:43:16 GMT

    Police charged the suspected gunman, who killed one and shot six at a Tennessee church Sunday, with one count of murder and said multiple charges were pending.

    Police charged the suspected gunman, who killed one and shot six at a Tennessee church Sunday, with one count of murder and said multiple charges were pending.

Powered by Frankly