One person dead in overnight Lubbock house fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/10/10

One person dead in overnight Lubbock house fire

Posted:

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - One person is dead after a house fire in the 2100 block Duke early Sunday morning.

Lubbock Fire Department responded to the fire at 3:45 a.m. and found a single-family home still involved in fire. The fire was quickly extinguished and a rescue was attempted.

The person that was killed in the fire was found in a bedroom. According to the report, Fire officials believe that the person most likely fell asleep after turning on the stove to cook.

The fire was determined to have started in the kitchen on the gas stove. The burner on the stove had been left on and caught nearby combustibles on fire.

Multiple smoke detectors throughout the house had been disabled at some time prior to the fire. 

The deceased's name is being withheld pending the notification of out of town relatives. 

©2010 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.