LUBBOCK, TX(KCBD)- NewsChannel 11 arrived on the scene this morning of an early morning house fire to find fire crews fighting a blaze that had fully engulfed the residence by the time help had arrived.
Shortly after three this morning crews were called out to a home located at 2608 Avenue P. When they arrived neighbors told police the homeowner may be trapped inside. Crews searched the area and were able to locate the resident at a house down the street. He had not been home when the flames broke out.
Part of the roof collapsed while firefighters were inside fighting the blaze. No injuries have been reported.
Preliminary reports from the fire marshal state the cause of the fire to be an electric blanket that was left on for the homeowners dog to sleep on.
We will bring you the latest on this story as soon as they become available.
©2010 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.