LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - An Abernathy woman remains in critical condition after she was rescued from her burning house on Tuesday.
47-year-old Patricia Denton was pulled from her burning home Tuesday after 12-year-old neighbor, Jose Vilegas, saw the blaze and went to get his dad and uncle for help.
"We got her and cleaned her face with some snow and started hitting her back and she threw up and started breathing again," says Vilegas.
Fire investigators say an over-loaded extension cord is to blame for the accidental fire. They say there were no smoke detectors in the house.
©2010 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.