LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Cleanup is underway after a fire at Children's Home of Lubbock.
According to a news release, Murray Cottage caught fire early Thursday morning. The residents managed to get out, thanks to early warning from smoke detectors.
The Lubbock Fire Department responded, and by 1:15 a.m., the fire was out.
Investigators believe it all started with the dishwasher. The fire was contained mostly to the kitchen, but there is smoke and heat damage throughout.
Fortunately no one was injured and the residents are now staying elsewhere.
If you would like to make a donation to help the Children's home with these repairs, just go to their website at http://www.childshome.org/giving.aspx.
©2010 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved.