Apartment unit destroyed by fire, food left on stove - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

5/23/10

Apartment unit destroyed by fire, food left on stove

Posted:
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

By James Clark | email

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – Food left on the stove led to a fire which destroyed a Lubbock apartment unit Sunday afternoon in the Peartree apartment complex at 1809 14th Street. 

The Lubbock Fire Department says residents left the apartment and when they returned after 3 p.m. they discovered the apartment was on fire. Nearby residents were evacuated as a precaution but they have since been allowed to go back home. 

One unit was completely destroyed by a combination of fire, smoke, and water damage.  Damage is estimated to cost $40,000. No one was injured.

Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.