Are the soles of your feet the window to your soul? - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

6/21/10

Are the soles of your feet the window to your soul?

(NBC) - Are the soles of your feet the window to your soul? Jan Daniel, a registered toe reader, believes the characteristics of the feet, toes and nails provide valuable clues to body's inner struggles.

"I'm looking for someone's personality," Daniel said. "I'm looking at what has happened in their life, and I'm looking at things like, 'How do they deal with their money? Do they trust people? What are their relationships like? Are they an honest person?'"

Maria Martinez, of Dallas, said her feet bear the brunt of her stress.

"I'm in sales, so it's standing on my feet, making presentations, getting on a plane, going from terminal to terminal," she said.

Getting a foot massage seems to help her feel better all over.

"I know that I can go to reflexology after being stressed out and spend like half an hour, 45 minutes, and I come out feeling great, so there must be something to it," Martinez said.

But whether or not you believe the feet are the window to the soul, doctors say there is something to the notion that the stresses of life can show up in your feet.

"I think of the fast pace of life we live, we tend to wear things that are more convenient," said Dr. Harold Malofsky, a Fort Worth podiatrist. "And convenience ends up to being open-backed shoes, such as mules, flip flops for women, and sandals for men -- and that leads to a lot of poor support for the foot."

Doctors say those with foot issues that cause pain or discomfort should see a medical professional for care.

China's Xi to meet Trump, who predicts 'difficult' meeting

Thursday, March 30 2017 8:36 PM EDT2017-03-31 00:36:09 GMT
    Thursday, March 30 2017 8:36 PM EDT2017-03-31 00:36:09 GMT

China says President Xi Jinping will meet his U.S. counterpart Donald Trump at the latter's Florida resort next Thursday and Friday.

Flynn offers to testify in Russia probe for immunity, report says

Thursday, March 30 2017 7:27 PM EDT2017-03-30 23:27:55 GMT
    Thursday, March 30 2017 8:30 PM EDT2017-03-31 00:30:50 GMT

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn told the Federal Bureau of Investigation he would testify about possible Russian ties with the Trump campaign in exchange for immunity.

Fire causes I-85 overpass to collapse in Atlanta

Thursday, March 30 2017 7:36 PM EDT2017-03-30 23:36:07 GMT
    Thursday, March 30 2017 7:52 PM EDT2017-03-30 23:52:43 GMT

Witnesses say troopers were telling cars to turn around on the bridge because they were concerned about its integrity before its collapse.