LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - In April, The State of Texas Jobs and Education for Texans (JET) fund awarded $404,000 for use by QUEST Lubbock to provide training for better jobs to low-income earners in the Lubbock area.
The program is run and funds are administered by Project QUEST of San Antonio, a nationally recognized 501(c) (3) workforce training and economic development initiative.
Applicants must be: age 18 or older; holders of a high school diploma or GED; US citizens or permanent residents; and certified to meet income qualifications.
Project QUEST funds will support:
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Semiconductor Processor
- Solar Energy Tech
- ElectricianOrientation and diagnostic testing
Orientation and diagnostic testing sessions are scheduled:
- Saturday, August 7 and Saturday, September 25: St. Joseph's Catholic Church, 102 N. Avenue P, Lubbock
- Saturday, October 9: Mae Simmons Community Center, 2004 Oak Avenue, Lubbock, 79406
Program for each day:
- 10:00 AM, Orientation
- 1:00-5:00 PM, Testing
Edward George, WTOS, (806) 799-3307
Beatris Vega, Project QUEST Lubbock, (806) 762-4788
Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.