LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Things could have been much worse after an RV caught fire at the 7-11 at 50th and University shortly after 10:30 Monday night.
Details are still coming in, but here's what we know from the scene so far: a fire somehow sparked near the RV's propane tank. The flames quickly spread and engulfed the RV.
Firefighters dowsed the flames before they could spread to the store or the nearby fuel pumps. Everyone inside the store and the people in the RV were able to move away from the area without being hurt.
The vehicle was actually a rental RV from Southwind Party Buses. It was parked at the gas pump as if someone was pumping gas at the time of the explosion.
The Lubbock Fire Department and the Lubbock Police Department blocked off the streets surrounding the intersection of 50th and University.
Follow KCBD's Daybreak Today for the latest developments on this story.
Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved