LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - From fried to frozen this week's has some tasty choices. We'll dish those out in just a moment, but first we look at this week's only low performer.
Inspectors cited Chili's Bar & Grill at 5805 Slide Road with seven critical violations.
* A cooling unit was not holding cold foods at 41 degrees or below.
* An employee did not wash their hands before putting on gloves. other employees were not washing their hands for at least 20 seconds.
* An employee's drink was on a food prep area.
* Dirty pans were hung with clean ones.
* Glass cleaner and rusted paint cans were on food contact surfaces.
* The dish washer was not sanitizing, and the sanitizer bucket was empty.
* Several items in the kitchen were broken or dirty including mold in the ice bin and ice machine.
Management says all violations were corrected.
Chili's corporate office tells us, "The health and safety of our guests is always our top priority. We maintain very strict standards of quality, safety and cleanliness in our restaurants."
They add, "This restaurant has continually met health department compliance on external inspections in the past and will continue to take steps to ensure the cleanliness of this location for the health of our guests."
Now to the top of the list where two kings reign supreme.
Burger King at 5401 N. MLK and Burger King at 6003 W. 19th broil up a perfect score.
Jimmy John's at 4730 Slide delivers a flawless inspection.
So does the Taco Villa at 5402 4th
Next we head to Saigon Café Too at 4515 50th. They're a multiple repeat top performer.
The colonel would be proud. Kentucky Fried Chicken at 1208 50th had zero critical violations.
And we swing on by Stone Gate Golf Course at 110th and Indiana. The restaurant inside sinks a hole in one.
And finally we mix things up at Cold Stone Creamery at 8215 University. This tasty treat wraps up this week's list with a cherry on top
Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.