Welder's spark might be cause of Pep High School fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Welder's spark might be cause of Pep High School fire

By James Clark | email

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A Sunday afternoon fire at the Pep High School gymnasium might have been caused by a welding spark.

The Hockley County Sheriff's Department investigation continues, but initially deputies think crews that were tearing down the gym might have accidentally started the fire. Firefighters from Levelland and Whiteface put out the fire and there were no reports of injuries.

Pep is about 30 miles driving distance northwest of Levelland.

Copyright 2010 KCBD.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly