LUBBOCK, Texas - The Black Team defeated the Red Team 8-7 in game two of the Texas Tech Baseball Red & Black Series Monday at Dan Law Field. The victory evens the series at 1-1.
- The game was a scheduled seven-inning contest… Game two lasted 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- Sophomore right-handed pitcher Jerad McCrummen threw four innings allowing only one hit and two runs with five strikeouts in the win.
- The Black Team scored four runs in the second, one in the third and three runs in the fifth… Black Team led 8-2 going into the seventh while the Red Team sent 10 batters to the plate before freshman right-handed pitcher Trey Masek closed out the game with the tying run on second and the go-ahead run at first. Masek struck out catcher Kevin Whitehead on a 2-2 pitch to end the game.
- For the second straight game three home runs were hit, all coming from the Black Team… Three home runs were hit in game one by the Red Team.
Winning Pitcher: RHP Jerad McCrummen (1-0)
Losing Pitcher: RHP Jamen Parten (0-1)
Black Team Leading Hitters:
- 1B Duke von Schamann: 2-for-4 (2 HR, 3 RBI)
- 2B Nick Popescu: 1-for-3 (HR, RBI, 2 runs, BB)
- CF Jordan Lopez: 2-for-4 (2 runs, 2B, RBI)
Red Team Leading Hitters:
- 2B Jamodrick McGruder: 1-for-3 (2 runs, 2B, BB, HBP, RBI)
- SS Reid Redman: 2-for-4 (2 1B, RBI, SAC)
- C Kevin Whitehead: 2-for-5 (2 1B, run, RBI)
Texas Tech Baseball Red & Black Series:
Game 1: Red defeated Black, 16-4
Game 2: Black defeated Red, 8-7
Game 3: Tuesday, Oct. 26 – 3:30 p.m.
Game 4: Wednesday, Oct. 27 – 5 p.m.
Game 5: Thursday, Oct. 28 – 5 p.m.
Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.