LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - I can't help but feel heartbreak for the Lubbock family that lost their 4-year-old son in a house fire this weekend. And now they are hoping and praying his little 3-year-old brother can survive his burns.
Now family members have courageously come on our broadcast and shared an important life saving message. You see, this family did not have working smoke detectors and now they are pleading with others not to make that mistake.
Consider this: We never know when tragedy will come knocking on our door. And there is little we can do to control the outcome once it strikes. What we can control is how we prepare for it….or better yet, prepare to avoid it.
I hope every parent watching this tragic story unfold will take the few minutes and check your own smoke alarms. Make sure they work. If you don't have them, get them. If you can't afford them, ask for help. It could very well be the best investment you'll ever make. None of us want to think about what this family is going through, but we all have one thing in common: we know our children and families are too important to procrastinate on this one. I'll be checking mine today. I hope you'll join me.
We want to know what you think. Voice your opinion by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
KCBD-TV Attn: Consider This
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX 79404
If you would like to become a fan of Consider This on Facebook, click here.