Shallowater family escapes fire on Christmas Eve - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Shallowater family escapes fire on Christmas Eve

Posted: Updated:

SHALLOWATER, TX (KCBD) - A close call Friday morning for a Shallowater family after their chimney caught on fire. 

It happened in the 12-thousand block of North F.M. 179.

Firefighters from West Carlisle and New Deal were dispatched to back up crews from Shallowater. When they got to the scene, there were reports of flames coming from the roof. In all, almost 35 firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading into the house. 

Shallowater Fire Department Captain Ed Scherer said "the flare was contained to the chimney, the attic, a little bit down the wall of the fireplace. There's light damage inside the house but basically the house was untouched."

Crews had to tear down part of the chimney to reach the flames in the attic. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.