LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – A central Lubbock family is safe after the Lubbock Fire Department contained a fire that started in their garage.
Fire officials are still investigating how the fire started on the 2100 block of 28th street, however, officials said flammable chemicals in the garage may have fed the fire. When fire officials arrived on the scene they said they stopped the fire in the attic before it spread through out the house.
Officials say there is smoke damage throughout the house. The family was not injured in the fire and they have a place to stay.
Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.