Cigarette Ignites Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

7/24/03

Cigarette Ignites Fire

An explosive fire sent a plume of smoke into the East Lubbock sky Thursday morning.

An employee at Hesselbein Tires was smoking a cigarette while loading propane onto a forklift. The combination of the two caused the propane tank to explode into flames around 7:30 a.m.

Three stations responded and the Lubbock Fire Department was able to put the fire out within an hour.

No one was injured, but damages are an estimated $80,000.

Powered by Frankly