Cigarette Ignites Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

7/24/03

Cigarette Ignites Fire

An explosive fire sent a plume of smoke into the East Lubbock sky Thursday morning.

An employee at Hesselbein Tires was smoking a cigarette while loading propane onto a forklift. The combination of the two caused the propane tank to explode into flames around 7:30 a.m.

Three stations responded and the Lubbock Fire Department was able to put the fire out within an hour.

No one was injured, but damages are an estimated $80,000.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.