LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – Tucked away inside this a building at 3001 34th is a big serving of perfection. Burrito Tower once again wraps up their inspection with a perfect score. Our next stop is a newcomer to the Food for Thought list. The Swif Shop Deli at 4609 Ave. A had zero critical violations.
The last time they were on the list they were at the top, but this week they're our only low performer.
The Ranch House Restaurant at 1520 Buddy Holly Ave. had six critical violations.
* Two cartons of eggs, sitting on a counter, were thrown out because the eggs were above the safe cold temperature of 41 egress.
* Employees weren't placing their personal drinks in a designated area. A hand sink was being used to dispose of ice.
* Eggs were stored over ready to eat foods in the walk-in cooler. The ice scoop was in the ice machine with the handle touching ice.
* Multiple food items did not have an expiration date.
* Toxic items were next to food contact surfaces.
* Cookware was hanging over a sink without back-splash protection.
The restaurant had already closed for the day when we called for a comment. The report shows all violations were corrected during the inspection.
Copyright 2010 KCBD. All rights reserved.