Accused Rapist Remains on the Loose - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

8/4/03

Accused Rapist Remains on the Loose

On Monday the rape trial of Carlos Ferrer was postponed. The accused accidentally set free last week in a jail house mix-up.

How? "The large percentage is going to be human error," said Captain Kelly Rowe. He's conducting an internal investigation, interviewing upwards of 12 employees. "I'm busy reviewing circumstances as to how it occurred, why it occurred, who allowed it to occur," he said.

Meanwhile, outside the jail. "He can't run far enough," said Lt. Billy Timms, canvassing Ferrer's old neighborhood. "We went to several residences and looked for him in Slaton," he said.

According to the sheriff's department, the victim's family has been understanding in the situation. But, in an off camera interview, the mother of the victim states, "We're pissed. We just want him caught."

"Of course, if the subject makes any contact with the family, I'm sure we'll be the first ones to know," said Drewell. A terrifying thought for a 16-year-old girl who's already lived with the name of victim.

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Military judge in Bergdahl case worries about Trump impact

    Military judge in Bergdahl case worries about Trump impact

    Monday, October 23 2017 3:34 AM EDT2017-10-23 07:34:03 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 6:16 PM EDT2017-10-23 22:16:49 GMT

    Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will appear Monday before the judge deciding his punishment for endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan in 2009.

    Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will appear Monday before the judge deciding his punishment for endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan in 2009.

  • States to ask judge to keep health subsidies that Trump cut

    States to ask judge to keep health subsidies that Trump cut

    Monday, October 23 2017 5:23 AM EDT2017-10-23 09:23:58 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 6:15 PM EDT2017-10-23 22:15:54 GMT

    State attorneys general argue the monthly payments are required under former President Barack Obama's health care law and cutting them off will harm consumers.

    State attorneys general argue the monthly payments are required under former President Barack Obama's health care law and cutting them off will harm consumers.

  • Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson & Johnson

    Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson & Johnson

    Friday, October 20 2017 10:32 PM EDT2017-10-21 02:32:33 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 6:15 PM EDT2017-10-23 22:15:47 GMT

    A Los Angeles judge has tossed out a $417 million jury award to a woman who claimed she developed ovarian cancer by using Johnson & Johnson baby powder for feminine hygiene.

    A Los Angeles judge has tossed out a $417 million jury award to a woman who claimed she developed ovarian cancer by using Johnson & Johnson baby powder for feminine hygiene.

Powered by Frankly