Former LPD officer, Hignight, indicted Tuesday - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Former LPD officer, Hignight, indicted Tuesday

By James Clark - email

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – A Lubbock County grand jury on Tuesday indicted former Lubbock Police Officer, Jason Hignight, 32, who was charged earlier this month with two counts of sexual assault of a child and one count of indecency with a child.  The indictment mirrors the earlier charges exactly.

Hignight resigned in mid-January just before detectives arrested him. 

Court records indicate that Hignight abused his two adopted daughters.  A police report says Hignight's wife walked in on him exposing himself to the older of the two girls.  The younger one claims Hignight has touched her breasts.

At the time of Hignight's arrest, his Facebook page indicated he was interested in adopting several children. 

As of Tuesday evening, online jail records say Hignight is held in lieu of a $200,000 bond. 

Copyright 2011 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved.

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Next Minneapolis police chief tasked with changing culture

    Next Minneapolis police chief tasked with changing culture

    Saturday, July 22 2017 1:49 AM EDT2017-07-22 05:49:17 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 8:53 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:53:39 GMT

    Minneapolis police chief says she wants to let 'fresh set of leadership eyes' be in charge of department, resigns amid criticism over shooting of Australian woman who had called 911.

    Minneapolis police chief says she wants to let 'fresh set of leadership eyes' be in charge of department, resigns amid criticism over shooting of Australian woman who had called 911.

  • Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

    Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

    Saturday, July 22 2017 4:20 PM EDT2017-07-22 20:20:31 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 8:52 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:52:25 GMT

    One of Anthony Scaramucci's first acts after accepting President Donald Trump's offer to be the new White House communications director was to apologize to Trump.

    One of Anthony Scaramucci's first acts after accepting President Donald Trump's offer to be the new White House communications director was to apologize to Trump.

  • Trump: USS Ford is '100,000-ton message to the world'

    Trump: USS Ford is '100,000-ton message to the world'

    Saturday, July 22 2017 3:30 AM EDT2017-07-22 07:30:57 GMT
    Saturday, July 22 2017 8:52 PM EDT2017-07-23 00:52:10 GMT

    President Donald Trump will help commission the USS Gerald R. Ford, a $12.9 billion warship.

    President Donald Trump will help commission the USS Gerald R. Ford, a $12.9 billion warship.

Powered by Frankly