LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) –In this week's Food For Thought, Pei Wei Asian Dinner tops the list this week. Located at 4210 82nd Street, it's their first time on the top.
Right next door step inside D'Vine Wine. This new addition to the Hub City makes and bottles all of its wine in house - and specializes in you.
And we top of this list with a repeat stop at this sweet shop. Peace O'Cake at 3412 34th serves up the perfect desserts in a dash.
Now to this week's two repeat low performers.
Inspectors cited Josie's at 5101 Aberdeen with five critical violations.
* Enchiladas were not at least 135 degrees.
* Employees did not wash their hands when changing gloves.
* An open can of soda was in a refrigerator.
* A plate was in the carne guisada. An employee used a styrofoam cup to scoop ice.
* An open container of sanitizer was near food contact surfaces.
The report shows all violations were corrected at the time of the inspection.
Management was not available for comment.
Now we head to Lin's Buffet at 5608 Slide Road. Inspectors found seven critical violations.
* Eggs and raw chicken were not 41 degrees or below.
* Beef medallions and enchiladas were thrown out because they were not at the safe hot temperature of at least 135 degrees.
* Crab salad was also tossed because it did not have an expiration date.
* A tub with chicken in it had a large crack on the side. It was thrown out as well.
* Raw chicken was stored over fish and lettuce. This poses the risk of cross-contamination.
* A tea pitcher and a scrub pad were in hand sinks. They are for hand washing only.
* The dish wash machine was not sanitizing. The report shows a repairman was called during the inspection.
It also shows all other violations were corrected while the inspector was there.
Management tells us all violations have since been corrected.
Copyright 2011 KCBD. All rights reserved.