LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Crews across South Lubbock County has battled multiple grass fires throughout Saturday. One of the grass fires was by Lubbock-Cooper High School.
Fire fighters were called to the 300th block of 84th around 3:40 Saturday afternoon to put out a grass fire that quickly moved to a building. The owner of what fire fighters believe is an automotive shop set up a space heater in what was a dog house to keep a litter of puppies warm. The puppies all died in the fire. The damage to the building was non salvageable.
Copyright 2011 KCBD. All rights reserved.