New Deal family loses home in house fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

New Deal family loses home in house fire

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A family is safe Saturday after a fire destroyed their home in New Deal.

Firefighters responded to the scene in the 9700 block of North Detroit around 6:00 in the evening.  No one was transported from the scene to the hospital.  Our photojournalist on the scene says it appears several people were treated for smoke inhalation.  Thankfully everyone, including family pets, made it out safely.  The cause of this fire is still under investigation.   

Here are a few tips on how to prevent a fire in residential areas: Try to avoid using power tools outside, and properly dispose of cigarettes/cigarette butts and not toss [them] out the window.

Copyright 2011 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly