Lubbock man once again a finalist for show Biggest Loser - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Lubbock man once again a finalist for show Biggest Loser

By Tiffany Pelt - email

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – Weighing close to 500 pounds, Louis Constancio has been on his weight loss journey for one year, and now weighs  150 pounds lighter. After being turned down for two seasons of NBC's show The Biggest Loser, casting directors now want him back for season 12.

Louis got back into Lubbock Sunday night after an interview with NBC's directors in Dallas. There they told him he was one of 30 finalists that would be going to the final interview in Los Angeles, but he isn't waiting around for the show to shed the pounds.

"I went from 66 pants, now I'm down to 54. So I'm excited. I'm going to burn them all; they're going up in smoke guys," said Louis as he demonstrated how loose his pants were.

In 12 months Louis dropped down to 350 pounds, but it wasn't an easy task. "I work out five to six days a week, for about two to three hours a day," he said. "I'll be out the door by 6:15 in the morning to run or swim a mile."

Thanks to the show Biggest Loser, Louis says he was inspired to turn his life around and began using some of the dieting tips he saw on the show and through the cook books. "I eat a lot of eggs and organic milk. I don't eat anything fried; I do everything broiled, baked or grilled," he said opening his refrigerator.

Louis says he eats only whole foods and stays away from preservatives, always keeping a count on his calorie intake with a pre-planned menu for each week.

"I package just about everything. I package all my chicken and I put my calories according to the weight so I know exactly what I'm eating at all times. I measure everything."

By counting his calories, Louis says it's helped count his pennies. "We saved thousands of dollars last year just because I shopped according to my menu not what McDonalds has for me," said Louis.

As Louis waits for his call back to L.A., he plans on continuing to help others in Lubbock drop the weight.

"I want to be a life coach. I want to be able to help these people with the issues that no one's asking, you know, let's get down to the bottom core of why you are where you are. I think that's my gift is to help people," said Louis.

Copyright 2011 KCBD. All rights reserved.

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Judge: President can't block critics on Twitter

    Judge: President can't block critics on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 1:43 PM EDT2018-05-23 17:43:15 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 6:16 AM EDT2018-05-24 10:16:21 GMT
    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)

    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment.

    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment.

  • North Korea slams Pence as summit with Trump grows shakier

    North Korea slams Pence as summit with Trump grows shakier

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 8:51 PM EDT2018-05-24 00:51:44 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 6:15 AM EDT2018-05-24 10:15:47 GMT
    (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Women protesters stage a rally for peace on the Korea peninsular near U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. U.S. President Donald Trump labored with South Korea's Moon Jae-in Tuesday to keep the highly anticipated U...(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Women protesters stage a rally for peace on the Korea peninsular near U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. U.S. President Donald Trump labored with South Korea's Moon Jae-in Tuesday to keep the highly anticipated U...
    A top North Korean official says recent comments by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were "stupid" and "ignorant" and again warns the country is willing to pull out of a planned summit with Trump.
    A top North Korean official says recent comments by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were "stupid" and "ignorant" and again warns the country is willing to pull out of a planned summit with Trump.
  • Investigators: Russian military missile downed Flight MH17

    Investigators: Russian military missile downed Flight MH17

    Thursday, May 24 2018 5:32 AM EDT2018-05-24 09:32:04 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 6:15 AM EDT2018-05-24 10:15:22 GMT
    The passenger jet was headed from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it was was blown out of the sky over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 passengers and crew were killed. (Source: CNN)The passenger jet was headed from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it was was blown out of the sky over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 passengers and crew were killed. (Source: CNN)

    An international team of investigators say that detailed analysis of video images has established that the Buk missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 nearly four years ago came from a Russia-based...

    An international team of investigators say that detailed analysis of video images has established that the Buk missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 nearly four years ago came from a Russia-based military unit.

Powered by Frankly