LUBBOCK,TX (KCBD) - Food for Thought this week has both low and high performers, lets take a look at who received a low score and who received a high score.
Health inspectors cited Wienerschnitzel at 1202 50th with seven critical violations.
* The temperature inside a refrigerator was 50 degrees. It must be cold enough to keep foods at 41 degrees or colder. Hot dogs, hamburger patties, bacon and sausage were all above the safe temperature.
* A can of jalapenos was dented. This could allow air into the can and cause botulism.
* An employee handled bread without wearing gloves.
* An ice bucket was on the floor. A cracked Styrofoam cup was being used to scoop sugar.
* Toxic items were next to hot dog wrappers and drink lids.
* Multiple items in the kitchen were dirty, including: a black substance in the ice machine, spills and rusty shelves in the refrigerators, dried product on the ice cream nozzles and died syrup caked on the outside of syrup bottles.
* The report notes, that due to the number of violations the manager did not demonstrate sufficient knowledge of food safety.
Management tells us that the restaurant has undergone multiple changes since their inspection - including new ownership.
They say all violations have been corrected.
According to the report, all but one violation were corrected at the time of the inspection.
Now to the top of the list.
We start at Cheezie's Pizza at 1803 7th. From Tropical Delight to MeatZa Pizza, anyway you slice it, this repeat top performer is a piece of perfection.
Our next stop is also a repeat top performer. Named by Texas Monthly as some of the best brisket in the state - Tom & Bingo's BBQ at 3006 34th cleans up nicely as well.
And we save the sweetest stop for last: Baskin-Robbins at 1003 University scoops up a perfect score.
Copyright 2011 KCBD. All rights reserved.