Lubbock or Bust! - Via the Internet - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

9/18/03

Lubbock or Bust! - Via the Internet

The Clark Family The Clark Family
The Clark Family The Clark Family

Stacy Clark is stuck in the sunshine state. "Am I homesick? Unbelievably so," she said.

A year ago, she and her two kids, Trevor and Kira, moved to Florida to shake things up. "I thought I wanted a really big change of pace, in fact I did want a change of pace," she said. As far as she was concerned, Lubbock could disappear in a dust storm. "When I left Lubbock I said I'd never want to go back," she said.

But striking out on her own brought with it a stark reality. "I'm alone here, I mean literally all alone," she lamented. So now, 12 months later, there's a for sale sign in her front yard and a website on the internet. "Helpmegohome.com ," she touted.

Her house is on the market, but so far..."The only offer I've had on it I'd take a really bad hit," she said. She's afraid she won't be able to recoup her down payment. "Just my down payment is all I want," she said. So she's soliciting advice, and prayers, and donations online. With that, she's hoping to be able to pack up and move back to the Hub City. "My family's all there," she said.

Her family, and the little things that make home, home. "Prairie dogs, I miss the prairie dogs. And Fuddruckers, I miss it so much. Real BBQ and real Mexican," she chirped. And UMC, the hospital where she beat cancer. "I don't know, it's just nice to know that if something were to happen...is that dumb?" she asked.

Longing for home is never dumb, and with Stacy Clark's ingenuity, Pensacola will soon give way to prairie dogs.

To log onto Stacy's website just (click here).

Grand jury indicts Missouri governor who admitted affair

Thursday, February 22 2018 5:35 PM EST2018-02-22 22:35:21 GMT
    Friday, February 23 2018 3:55 AM EST2018-02-23 08:55:14 GMT
    A St. Louis grand jury indicted Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens on a felony invasion of privacy charge related to the Republican's affair with a woman in 2015. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson, File)A St. Louis grand jury indicted Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens on a felony invasion of privacy charge related to the Republican's affair with a woman in 2015. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson, File)

A St. Louis grand jury has indicted Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens on a felony invasion of privacy charge related to the Republican's affair with a woman in 2015.

Florida school shooting: 'abject breakdown at all levels'

Thursday, February 22 2018 11:34 PM EST2018-02-23 04:34:46 GMT
    Friday, February 23 2018 3:55 AM EST2018-02-23 08:55:12 GMT
    (Mike Stocker/South Florida Sun-Sentinel via AP). Mourners attend the funeral service for Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School assistant football coach, Aaron Feis. at the Church by the Glades in Coral Springs, Fla., Thursday, Feb. 22. 2018. Football p...(Mike Stocker/South Florida Sun-Sentinel via AP). Mourners attend the funeral service for Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School assistant football coach, Aaron Feis. at the Church by the Glades in Coral Springs, Fla., Thursday, Feb. 22. 2018. Football p...

'Abject breakdown on all levels': Florida high school where ex-student accused of fatally shooting 17 people reopening to teachers Friday amid revelations an armed officer on campus did nothing to stop suspect, other issues.

The Latest: Ivanka Trump arrives in South Korea for Olympics

Thursday, February 22 2018 8:44 PM EST2018-02-23 01:44:26 GMT
    Friday, February 23 2018 3:46 AM EST2018-02-23 08:46:19 GMT
    (AP Photo/Bernat Armangue). Alina Zagitova of the Olympic Athletes of Russia performs during the women's short program figure skating in the Gangneung Ice Arena at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Gangneung, South Korea, Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018.(AP Photo/Bernat Armangue). Alina Zagitova of the Olympic Athletes of Russia performs during the women's short program figure skating in the Gangneung Ice Arena at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Gangneung, South Korea, Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018.

The Russians have a good shot at winning their first gold medal of the Pyeongchang Olympics when teenage figure skaters Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva take the ice for the women's free skate.