Lubbock or Bust! - Via the Internet - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

9/18/03

Lubbock or Bust! - Via the Internet

The Clark Family The Clark Family
The Clark Family The Clark Family

Stacy Clark is stuck in the sunshine state. "Am I homesick? Unbelievably so," she said.

A year ago, she and her two kids, Trevor and Kira, moved to Florida to shake things up. "I thought I wanted a really big change of pace, in fact I did want a change of pace," she said. As far as she was concerned, Lubbock could disappear in a dust storm. "When I left Lubbock I said I'd never want to go back," she said.

But striking out on her own brought with it a stark reality. "I'm alone here, I mean literally all alone," she lamented. So now, 12 months later, there's a for sale sign in her front yard and a website on the internet. "Helpmegohome.com ," she touted.

Her house is on the market, but so far..."The only offer I've had on it I'd take a really bad hit," she said. She's afraid she won't be able to recoup her down payment. "Just my down payment is all I want," she said. So she's soliciting advice, and prayers, and donations online. With that, she's hoping to be able to pack up and move back to the Hub City. "My family's all there," she said.

Her family, and the little things that make home, home. "Prairie dogs, I miss the prairie dogs. And Fuddruckers, I miss it so much. Real BBQ and real Mexican," she chirped. And UMC, the hospital where she beat cancer. "I don't know, it's just nice to know that if something were to happen...is that dumb?" she asked.

Longing for home is never dumb, and with Stacy Clark's ingenuity, Pensacola will soon give way to prairie dogs.

To log onto Stacy's website just (click here).

Exit polls suggest Irish voters have repealed abortion ban

Friday, May 25 2018 2:32 AM EDT2018-05-25 06:32:46 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 12:24 AM EDT2018-05-26 04:24:44 GMT
    (Clodagh Kilcoyne/PA via AP). Presiding officer Carmel McBride looks on as a woman casts her vote in the referendum on the 8th Amendment of the Irish Constitution, on Thursday May 24, 2018, a day early for the people that live off the coast of Donegal ...(Clodagh Kilcoyne/PA via AP). Presiding officer Carmel McBride looks on as a woman casts her vote in the referendum on the 8th Amendment of the Irish Constitution, on Thursday May 24, 2018, a day early for the people that live off the coast of Donegal ...

Voters throughout Ireland have begun casting votes in a referendum that may lead to a loosening of the country's strict ban on most abortions.

Trump balks at North Korea's rhetoric but it has used worse

Friday, May 25 2018 2:22 AM EDT2018-05-25 06:22:51 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 12:23 AM EDT2018-05-26 04:23:47 GMT
    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)

North Korea language was milder than its typical inflammatory, harsh rhetoric but enough for Trump to kill summit.

Authorities: Suspected restaurant gunman had gun license

Friday, May 25 2018 1:02 AM EDT2018-05-25 05:02:34 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 12:17 AM EDT2018-05-26 04:17:02 GMT
    (Bryan Terry/The Oklahoman via AP). Jennifer Stong hugs Tasha Hunt outside the scene of a shooting on the east side of Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City, Thursday, May 24, 2018. Stong was inside the restaurant when the shooting occurred.(Bryan Terry/The Oklahoman via AP). Jennifer Stong hugs Tasha Hunt outside the scene of a shooting on the east side of Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City, Thursday, May 24, 2018. Stong was inside the restaurant when the shooting occurred.

Police: Man armed with pistol shot and wounded two customers at Oklahoma City restaurant before being shot dead by handgun-carrying civilian in parking lot.