Dozens of people across the Hub City turned out to get rid of left-over medicine. The Texas Tech School of Pharmacy hosted the event for the first time.
Individuals were able to safely throw away old medicine. "Well, medications that are left in the home, the wrong person can get into 'em. It could be taken by another adult in the home accidentally or it could be taken by a child in the home and create a poisoning hazard." says Ronica Farrar who is an educator with West Texas Panhand Poison Center.
Some prescriptions were decades past their expiration date. A few of the prescriptions had labels dating back to the 1950's. All medication donated was disposed of in an environmentally safe way.