In Food for Thought, health inspectors went to Lin's Buffet to check out a complaint about food temperatures, but what they found were enough critical violations to warrant a spot on the low performer's list for the 9th time. (For a look at the complete list, please clickhere.
Lin's Buffet at 5608 Slide was cited for seven critical violations.
* The inspector says there is evidence of a fruit fly infestation. The report notes the flies were on vegetables at the Mongolian grill and fly strips at a wait station were full of flies. The inspector adds that fly strips cannot be hung over food contact surfaces.
* Rodent droppings were found in cabinets at the Mongolian grill.
* Raw chicken and beef were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
* Sushi had the wrong expiration stamp.
* Pieces of egg shells were found in a pan of mushrooms. That was thrown away. And raw shrimp was stored above cheese.
* A wrench was in a hand sink, sanitizer was dumped in a hand sink, and an employee filled a pitcher of water at a hand sink. To prevent cross contamination these sinks are for hand washing only.
* An unlabeled toxic item was on top of ice machine.
Management tells us that she believes all violations have been corrected.
The report shows most were corrected while the inspector was there.
But it's not all bad reports in this week's report. There were five top performers on the list:
* Birdie's Grill at Shadow Hills Golf Course at 6002 3rd Street
* China Town at 5217 82nd
* Subway at 5816 4th
* Taco Villa at 5139 50th
* Taco Villa at 7110 Quaker Ave.