In this week's Food for Thought, Broadway Beverage at 1713 E. Broadway tops the list this week. The previous low performer took the health inspectors suggestions and perfected their routine. Get the door for this next top performer. Domino's Pizza at 5407 4th delivers a perfect score. (If you would like to see a complete list of high/low performers, please clickhere)
If their fiery sign hasn't grabbed your attention, maybe this will. Wild Burger Grille at 3515 50th is new to Lubbock and grills up perfection.
There's only one low performer on the list this week.
Golden Field Buffet at 7307 University was cited for 6 critical violations.
* Several cold food items on the buffet line were not 41 degrees or below.
* Egg rolls were not at least 135 degrees.
* The ice scoop handle was in the ice.
* The dish washer was not sanitizing.
* Two cutting boards were thrown out because they had deep grooves in them.
An employee tells us everything has been corrected. The report shows most violations were corrected during the inspection.