It was a tricky fire, one that fire and hazmat officials thought best to let it burn itself out.
It happened around six o'clock Monday evening night on US 84 , just west of Littlefield. That's where an 18-wheeler carrying sulfamic acid caught fire. According to emergency crews, one of the truck's tires suffered a blowout, causing its rear brakes and trailer to catch fire.
No one was injured, but two homes were evacuated as a precaution, and traffic was detoured for about five hours.
Sulfamic acid is a descaling agent, often used in the cleaning of marine or evaporative equipment.