In this week's Food for Thought, if you're feeling a bit spicy there are two Mexican food restaurants ready to tango with your taste buds: El Burrito Mariachi at 4250 Ave. A and Estrella's Mexican Restaurant at 1905 50th. For a complete list of this weeks highs and lows please click here.
This colonel knows the recipe for perfection. Kentucky Fried Chicken at 7902 University is a repeat top performer.
You can fill up inside or out at our next stop. Rudy's Country Store & BBQ at 4930 S. Loop 289 smoked up a perfect score.
And just in time for summer our next top performers serve up fun and a perfect score:
Adventures USA at 3305 116th
Southwest Sportsplex at 7116 82nd
Whitewood Lanes at 3632 50th.
Now to this week's only low performer.
Cheddar's Casual Café at 4009 S. Loop 289 had six critical violations.
* Multiple cold foods were above 41 degrees, and the temperature inside a refrigerator was 50 degrees. The report states a repair man was working on the cooler at the time of the inspection.
* There was no thermometer in another cooler.
* Baking sheets with uncovered deli meat were stacked on top of each other.
* Expiration dates on dairy products were not labeled correctly.
* The dish washer was not sanitizing.
* Dirty dishes and utensils were stored with clean items.
Management tells us they were flawless on their reinspection the following day.
The report shows most violations were corrected while the inspector was there.