Rush Elementary is celebrating a 50 year milestone. Rush first opened its doors in the 1953 school year. Back then, there were only four classrooms in two temporary buildings. The building currently in place opened in 1957.
By the way, the school was named for George A Rush, a pioneering Lubbock citizen who laid the groundwork on which our city is built.