Residence Hall Fire Caused by Electrical Short - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/3/03

Residence Hall Fire Caused by Electrical Short

A strand of Christmas lights is to blame for a fire that evacuated Chitwood Residence Hall, Friday afternoon.

Officials with the Texas Tech Fire Marshall's office say a strand of Double-T Christmas lights shorted out and caught fire. Sprinklers quickly put out the fire, but caused $8,000 dollars worth of fire and water damage. Most of the damage, however, was contained to the one dorm room.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.