Texas Tech Student Treated For Chemical Burns - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/6/03

Texas Tech Student Treated For Chemical Burns

A Texas Tech student was taken to the hospital Thursday morning, after a chemistry experiment exploded in his hands.

According to emergency officials, the student was holding the chemical in a beaker, when the glass shattered. The student suffered slight burns to his face and cuts to his hands, but no one else was injured.

The ventilation system took care of the fumes, and a hazmat team was called in to take care of the rest.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.