Fatal Apartment Fire Caused by Cigarette Near Oxygen - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/8/03

Fatal Apartment Fire Caused by Cigarette Near Oxygen

New developments in the fire that killed a 65-year-old man on Friday. Officials with the Lubbock Fire Department say the fire at the Peppertree apartments near 11th & Slide started around 6:30 on Friday evening. The blaze was most likely caused by a flash fire.

The body of Ronald Thompson was found inside the apartment where the fire started. Fire officials say that Thompson was on oxygen and was probably smoking. The combination may have sparked the fire. Preliminary autopsy reports are consistent with smoke inhalation. One other person lived in the apartment, but was not home at the time of the blaze.

The Lubbock Fire Marshall continues to investigate this fire.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.