Two Lubbock Painters Suffer Burns In House Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/10/03

Two Lubbock Painters Suffer Burns In House Fire

Two painters were burned at a West Lubbock home Monday morning, after lacquer fumes ignited and caused an explosion in the 5700 block of 14th Street just before 11am.

Investigators say the lacquer fumes apparently were ignited by the water heater's pilot light, touching off a flash-fire. When fire-fighters arrived, flames were shooting from the door.

32-year-old Alfredo Escobedo suffered second and third degree burns over fifty to 60% of his body. As of Monday evening, he is in serious condition at University Medical Center.

His brother, 25-year-old Marc Escobedo suffered first degree burns to his face but refused treatment.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.