Consider This..City Manager should answer all questions - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Consider This..City Manager should answer all questions

I must say I am pretty disappointed in our City Manager. Last week LeeAnn Dumbauld appeared before a handful of citizens concerned over the impending closure of the City of Lubbock Health Department.

After making her "presentation," one of the volunteer Health Board members began to question the City Manager about possible alternatives. This is the response she gave:

CARR: "So your position would be…"

DUMBAULD: "Really, I'm done."

CARR: "OK, you're done. So you will not stay just to be here answering any more questions?"

DUMBAULD: "Dr. Carr, I've made my presentation. Thank you for having me."

As a citizen who pays her salary, I expect a City Manager to be a little more responsive and much less dismissive. That sort of attitude is all too common among bureaucrats. But, excuse me, taxpayers are concerned about you closing their Health Department and you're not answering their questions?

Consider this:

LeeAnn Dumbauld needs to remember who she works for. She works for the City Council on behalf of the citizens of the entire city. And when it comes to public health issues, her job should be to sit and answer every questions until all citizens are done asking. I don't know about you, but if I told my boss I didn't have time for his questions, I probably wouldn't have a job for very long.

And I can only assume by their silence that City Council members endorse this kind of behavior. Well, I guarantee you most voters in this town disagree.

We want to know what you think. Voice your opinion by e-mailing us at considerthis@kcbd.com or write us at:

KCBD-TV Attn: Consider This
5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX 79404

Copyright 2011 KCBD NewsChannel 11. All rights reserved.

Amazon raising price of annual Prime membership to $119

Thursday, April 26 2018 5:59 PM EDT2018-04-26 21:59:01 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:11 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:11:54 GMT
    Amazon has ventured into other business areas including, shipping and medical care, and now banking. (Source: AMAZON/CNN)Amazon has ventured into other business areas including, shipping and medical care, and now banking. (Source: AMAZON/CNN)

Amazon says it will hike up the price of its Prime membership fee by 20 percent next month.

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:10 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:10:57 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

Suspect in serial killings was obsessed with lawn care

Thursday, April 26 2018 2:39 AM EDT2018-04-26 06:39:08 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:09 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:09:25 GMT
    (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...(AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...

The suspected Golden State Killer became less prolific but deadlier after losing his job as a police officer.