By BETSY BLANEY
LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - No. 17 Kansas State brings its perfect record and stout defense to Texas Tech on Saturday night with hopes of stopping the high-powered Red Raiders' offense.
The Wildcats defense is tough against the run and it got some good news this week: Texas Tech's leading running back, Eric Stephens, is out for the season with a dislocated knee.
Kansas State (5-0, 2-0 Big 12) is 1 of only 13 undefeated teams left in the country, and could start 6-0 for the first time since 2000 with a win over the Red Raiders (4-1, 1-1). Texas Tech looks to avoid back-to-back home losses for the first time since 2006 - to Missouri and Texas.
The Wildcats were underdogs by a field goal at home against Missouri last week and won 24-17. They are 3 1/2-point underdogs against the Red Raiders.
- Date/Time - Saturday, October 15 at 6 p.m.
- Location - Lubbock, Texas (Jones AT&T Stadium)
- Radio - Texas Tech Sports Network from Learfield Sports.
- Satellite Radio - Sirius Channel 117
- Television - FSN (National)